Sunday, July 7, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted Linky Party



 
It's that time again!  I'm linking up with Flying Into First Grade again this week to "Get Acquainted" with my fellow bloggers and followers. 
 
Tonight's topic: 
 
My Favorite Teacher
 
Well, last week I blogged about my 6th grade teacher. She was awesome!  Fortunately for me, I've had many "favorite" teachers!  Several have made such a great impact on me over the years. 
 
Tonight's post is dedicated to my 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Lozano.  She was such a sweetheart.  I moved to Texas when I was in 2nd grade in the middle of the year...scary!!  She made me feel a part of her classroom immediately.  I felt loved in her classroom, and I made many lifelong friends that year.  One in particular who I still keep in touch with today!  Yes, we've been friends thanks to Mrs. Lozano for 32 years!
 
I enjoyed that class so much.  Moving to South Texas from Tennessee was a big culture shock for me.  I learned a lot about the Spanish culture from her.  We cooked, had dress-up days, and sang a lot in her classroom. 
 
I remember being chosen to carry the yellow ribbon for the entire school that year that hung on our flagpole for the hostages in Iran. 
 
She saw great things in me and made me feel confident in myself.  I hope I'm able to do that for my students as well!
 

2 comments :

I love to read your comments! Thanks for sharing them with me :)